Friday, August 31, 2007

Training

Well, I managed to shoot well enough to qualify on the M-16 rifle last week. (To qualify, there are a bunch of different sized targets and you have to get a certain amount of rounds in the targets.) Sadly, I didn't shoot well enough on the M-9 yesterday, so I'll be returning next week to try and shoot again. I'm such a perfectionist that I hate that I didn't shoot well enough, but some things take practice, I guess. I really hope I do better next week.

We have a long weekend due to Labor Day, so it'll be nice to have the extra time off. I really need to figure out what bags I'm going to take with me. My uniforms are on back order, so I hope they arrive in time for me to sew on my name tapes before I leave. If not, I guess I'll have to take my old uniforms and get the other ones sent to me. It's taking a lot more effort than I thought to prepare to go over there. I wish I would just leave tomorrow to go, so that it'll be over sooner. (I don't anticpate that this tour will be a lot of fun, but I guess I could always be wrong about that.)

No comments: